**This meeting has been pre-approved for 1.0 Business/Strategic HRCI Credit**
Welcome to the Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management!
Our Summer Membership Drive is in full effect! That's right, for the remainder of 2014, you can become a member for ONLY $75! Click here to read more about what GBRSHRM has to offer you, then click here to JOIN NOW! This offer expires on July 31st!
The GBRSHRM Fall Conference is right around the corner! Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for more information!
Interested in joining our chapter? Click here for more info and our online application.
- Have questions? Want to get involved? E-mail us at email@example.com
Upcoming EventsSee All >
Drive Business Success With Workplace Flexibility (Pre-approved for 1.0 Business/Strategic HRCI Credit)August 21, 2014, 11:30am – 1:00pmBoudreaux'sSeminar Description: DRIVE BUSINESS SUCCESS WITH WORKPLACE FLEXIBILITYDemographic and technological transformations are the new workplace reality,...
Compliance with the Employer Mandate in PPACA: How Far Behind Are You? (1.0 Hour General HRCI Credit)September 18, 2014, 11:30am – 1:00pmBoudreaux's
Healthcare Economist – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Michael Bertaut is a Certified Health Consulting and...
October 16, 2014, 11:30am – 1:00pmBoudreaux's
Please join us for the election of officers that will serve on the GBRSHRM Board of Directors in 2015!
Immediately following the election of officers, the meeting format will be open for networking and socializing with your fellow colleagues!
October 17, 2014Baton Rouge Marriott
Please see the attached brochure regarding the Fall Conference! Also, if you'd like to become a sponsor, please let us know!
Five Learning Tracks:
- Rewards and Recognition
- Becoming a Productivity Pro
"As Diversity Expands: 5 Hot Topics on Diversity" (1.0 Hour general HRCI credit) GBRSHRM/ATD Joint MeetingNovember 20, 2014, 11:30am – 1:00pmBoudreaux's
Dennis Kennedy has an unwavering passion for people and works to ensure that all individuals receive equal...
Affiliate NewsSee All >
June 10, 2014
May 21, 2014
March 10, 2014
March 1, 2014
February 25, 2014
Dear GBRSHRM members,
Can you believe it is already summertime?!? Our year has started off with a bang and we haven't slowed down. I would like to take a moment to reflect on the chapter's achievements thus far in 2014:
- Announcement of partnership with the Baton Rouge Business Report to sponsor the "Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge" awards;
- Offered five (5) educational programs including chapter meetings and a mini-seminar on relevant HR topics qualifying for HRCI credit;
- Presented two scholarships to high-achieving HR students at an engaging chapter meeting where we interacted with our future HR leaders;
- Participated in a community partnership with one of our local high school’s career day;
- Implemented new communication methods including an e-newsletter and a "Legislative Update" e-blast for increased information sharing;
- Reconstituted committees to offer leadership involvement opportunities to members;
- Hosted an HR Social and membership drive; and
- Only five months into 2014, reached the benchmark of "Large Chapter Status" as designated by the Society for Human Resource Management [SHRM] by having over 301 members!
And we won't stop there. We will continue to strive to meet your needs as an organization for HR professionals. If you have suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to talk to any of the volunteer leaders who serve on your GBRSHRM Board of Directors or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to hear from you!
Finally, I would like to personally invite each and every one of our members to attend our July meeting where Mayor-President Kip Holden will be discussing the future of Baton Rouge and how Human Resource professionals are a part of that impending change. If you haven’t recognized it yet, it’s “The New Normal” in Baton Rouge. This will be a great opportunity for our chapter and profession to demonstrate our substantial presence in the business community.
Best wishes for a safe and relaxing summer!
Mimi Singer Ruebsamen, PhD, PHR
2014 GBRSHRM President