HR Generalist @ Shintech
- Long Term Contract Opportunity
We need a Human Resources Generalist to support a plant just outside of the Baton Rouge area.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for:
- Maintaining all personnel, medical, and confidential records and files for the Human Resource Department.
- Preparing general correspondence, interdepartmental communications, and form development.
- Assembling new employee packets and process paperwork required for new employees.
- Assisting with new employee orientations.
- Coordinating benefits open enrollment.
- Coordinating payroll information processing.
- Ordering and maintaining department supplies.
- Maintaining the site website.
- Requesting reimbursement and payment for safety shoes and glasses.
- Completing necessary forms in response to disability, unemployment, and worker’s compensation insurance claims.
- Reviewing claims to verify benefit payments are accurate and comply with company policy and legal requirements.
- Interpreting policies for employees and managers on request.
- Verifying consistent application of policies and that practices conform to policies.
- Conducting salary and benefit surveys within defined labor markets as well as developing salary structures and related job descriptions.
- Assisting the HR Supervisor with the performance evaluation program.
- Preparing legally required government reports.
- Conducting and assisting with exit interviews when requested.
- Assisting those employees who need visa renewals.
- Setting up and managing charitable events such as blood drives, toy drives, etc.
The ideal HR Generalist will have:
- 5+ years human resources experience.
- BS in human resources or a related degree is preferred.
- Good working experience in and knowledge of employment law, benefits, employee relations, recruiting and training.
- Strong oral, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to interact with managers and personnel often under difficult conditions.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.