GBR SHRM presents 2015 Excellence in Diversity Award to Cox Communications
GBR SHRM recognized Cox Communications as the recipient of its 2015 Excellence in Diversity Award. The award was presented at the GBR SHRM Monthly Chapter Meeting on Thursday, November 19, 2015 at Juban’s.
Cox Communications was selected based on their notable impact on Diversity & Inclusion within their organization from every angle; the employees, the community, and the suppliers. This company has communicated the message of diversity & inclusion appreciation by:
- creating and implementing a training curriculum for its employees,
- allowing employees time to partake in cultural awareness events;
- molding its employees for leadership positions
- participating in job fairs for veterans and those with limitations
- providing reasonable accommodations
- providing sponsorships to diverse community events
- providing supplier contracts to minority-owned businesses, to name a few.
Receiving the award on behalf of Cox Communications was Michael Glorioso, Co-Chair for the Southeast Region of the Diversity Council and the Director of Human Resource Operations and Jennifer Aldridge, V. P. of Human Resources.